[SOLVED] Crash/lock up during upgrade

You have a problem with Slackel? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
bsd4me

[SOLVED] Crash/lock up during upgrade

Post by bsd4me »

I was doing a normal #slapt-get -u and #slapt-get --upgrade on a laptop that hadn't been upgraded since about first of the year.
All files downloaded and started upgrading so I left the machine to do other things. Check few times later and all was well.
Then I went back to see if upgrading was finished and I saw a black screen. I couldn't do anything. Keyboard and touchpad were unresponsive.
I left it for about 2 more hours and still no input was responsive. Total time in machine was left alone was just over 3 hours.
I couldn't hear any activity so finally turned laptop off via power button.
When I start Slackel, during booting with huge kernel I see some errors about libssl and libcrypt. I can log in on X via startx and everthing seems to work fine but I don't have wireless not slapt-get. slapt-get fails due to libycrypt. NetworkManager shows my wired connection ok, but nothing for wireless.
Any ideas how to solve this. Perhaps find those library files, download them, and install individually?
System seems to be functioning ok otherwise. Is there some way to check to make sure the system is ok, or just if I can get slapt-get working again, do the upgrade again?
Thanks for any help with this :)
Last edited by bsd4me on 23 Apr 2024 03:19, edited 1 time in total.
Retired at home in Alaska for now.
bsd4me

Re: Crash/lock up during upgrade

Post by bsd4me »

Got slapt-get working. Downloaded/installed openssl-solibs.
Retired at home in Alaska for now.