mozjs strikes again

If you have any suggestions or ideas about improving Slackel, here's the place to post them.
Papasot

mozjs strikes again

Post by Papasot »

There is a small problem caused by mozjs. After updating the system, wm-logout and wm-reboot won't work because mozjs was recently updated from mozjs78 to mozjs102 (at February 1st, see, e.g., here). The fact version is actually part of the name of the package caused similar issues in the past. The workaround is to manually remove mozjs78 and install mozjs102. However djemos can automate this process.
djemos
Site Admin

Re: mozjs strikes again

Post by djemos »

Done.
However glade need rebuild because recreating glade dep file says need mozjs78. I hope slackware team will rebuild it.

Code: Select all

depfinder -f /var/slapt-get/slackware64/l/glade-3.40.0-x86_64-1.txz 
ERROR: package requires libraries not found in the system:
 libmozjs-78.so.0
I cannot catch problems because i do not update my system anymore because of glibc-2.36. So the users of slackel can report any problems.
Papasot

Re: mozjs strikes again

Post by Papasot »

djemos wrote:I cannot catch problems because i do not update my system anymore because of glibc-2.36. So the users of slackel can report any problems.
I updated both the 64-bit system and the 32-bit one. They now use glibc-2.37, and I didn't notice any problems. Note, however, that my Slackel 32-bit is only on a virtual machine. Because of the glibc 2.36 issue in old machines, my real 32-bit installation is gone.