"Slackware & Slackel" presentation

Introduce yourself, create test postings or talk nonsense.
djemos
Site Admin

"Slackware & Slackel" presentation

Post by djemos »

The material (archive) of the presentation of the Hel.l.u.g. General Meeting, which took place on Sunday 17/04/22, 20: 00-22: 00.

The topic "Slackware & Slackel" was presented by Dimitris Tzemos - Developer of Slackel. Mentioned and commented on the issues of the "Native" Distribution of Slackware [History, Productive Distributions], but mainly, the GREEK (Productive) Distribution of Slackel, which is a bright case of Greek Contribution in CODE, TRANSLATIONS & DOCUMENTATION! This was followed by an interesting discussion about the way and the developer's long-term effort to maintain and develop the Slackel Distribution!

slackel presentation
Papasot

Re: "Slackware & Slackel" presentation

Post by Papasot »

From the presentation: "Απαιτείται πολύ δουλειά να συντηρείς μια διανομή, πράγμα που δεν φαίνεται στους χρήστες"
meaning: "Maintaining a distribution is a lot of work, and that's not apparent to the users"
As a programmer myself, I can guess it is a lot of work. But since I never tried to do anything similar, I bet my guess is not accurate and the real work needed is more than what I think it is.

Did anyone record the jitsi meet session and, if so, is it available to watch anywhere?
djemos
Site Admin

Re: "Slackware & Slackel" presentation

Post by djemos »

Papasot wrote: Did anyone record the jitsi meet session and, if so, is it available to watch anywhere?
No.