Why I decided to stop using Slackel and GNU/Linux in general (Note the date).

Introduce yourself, create test postings or talk nonsense.
Papasot

Why I decided to stop using Slackel and GNU/Linux in general (Note the date).

Post by Papasot »

It is with mixed feelings I finally took the decision to stop using Slackel, and any other GNU/Linux distribution. Yes, I liked many things in Slackel, but I have to admit the last months I started using Windows 10 more and more. During those months, I just realized Windows 10 is a... sorry to say that, but it is a much better operating system to work with.

First of all, Windows has a better programming environment. Why on Earth should I use Emacs and GCC to do my programming while I could just use Microsoft Visual Studio and C#... Let's face it, Microsoft offers a superior environment for programmers.

Second, despite what some fanatics say, Windows 10 is perfectly secure. It has an amazing built-in firewall and antivirus to begin with, plus you have a plethora of third-party antivirus options to add for extra security; and they don't really slow-up your system - but if they do, then get a better computer, for god's sake.

Third, I really can't understand why people are complaining about the so-called "spyware" of Windows 10... Yes, it sends some data to Microsoft but that's only to help them release an even better operating system. What's wrong with that? Yes, it even sends what keystrokes you hit. Again, where is the problem with that? I have nothing to hide.

Fourth, what is all this hype with Windows 10 devouring system resources just to start? Yes, it uses some resources but why should I care, really? Yes, Slackel runs perfectly on an old Netbook while same Netbook can only run Windows XP, but why should I keep using that oldie?

Last but not least what people say, that Windows 10 is slow and takes time for the system to boot, is simply not true. Again, some anti-Microsoft fanatics spread such lies. Booting Windows 10 only takes a few minutes on my laptop, and it is my fault I didn't upgrade to a better laptop - then it would boot faster. It is my fault I didn't throw away the laptop I am using, not Microsoft's fault. It is true that Slackel boots in a few seconds on the same laptop,, but come on people... it is worth the wait since with Windows 10 I get a far superior operating system running in the end.
Ok, ok, enough is enough. Happy 1st April, Slackel community. :D
P.S. I can't believe I managed to type all this nonsense above. Even as a joke.
Last edited by Papasot on 01 Apr 2021 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
djemos
Site Admin

Re: Why I decided to stop using Slackel and GNU/Linux in general (Note the date).

Post by djemos »

Happy 1st April, Papasot. I was surprised reading it till reaching the end. :lol:
Papasot

Re: Why I decided to stop using Slackel and GNU/Linux in general (Note the date).

Post by Papasot »

Apparently, I don't believe a single word of all that nonsense I posted about Window$ 10. I was actually copying the silly "arguments" Window$ fans use, and all those "arguments" defending Window$ are 100% nonsense.
In fact, I was planning to add a similar section praising Ubuntu and systemd, but the post was already too long. :D

After all those lies above, one truth: Slackel is awesome!
bsd4me

Post by bsd4me »

Papasot wrote:....

After all those lies above, one truth: Slackel is awesome!
So very true :D

Thank you djemos!
Retired at home in Alaska for now.