xscreensaver and kde

You have a problem with Slackel? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
juliusse

xscreensaver and kde

Post by juliusse »

Hi,
I, for my personal laptop, have switched to the KDE edition, great job.
However, watching a TV streaming, an old friend came to bother me.... F...ing xscreensaver. I had forgotten that this crap causes problems on KDE, not respecting the system parameters. So I immediately gave him an "spkg -d xscreensaver", and came back to my program.
It's not a blame, and not even a problem, 'cause this xscreensaver attitude is known on KDE since.... I can't even remember when. ;)
Thanks a lot for your job, finally I can use a full functional slackel with KDE (I have intended to do it by myself and never achieve). I use it on my personal laptop because, and also openbox and now mate versions for other purposes.

I'm a great fan of the new functionality of the live that give possibility to install slackel on everything, even an USB.
I hope the 3 versions will be maintained in the future.
As it's said in Spain,
Suerte y forza!
Ubuntu is an African term for:"Slackware is too difficult for me"
djemos
Site Admin

Re: xscreensaver and kde

Post by djemos »

Thanks.
Yes, all three editions will be maintained in the future.

I suppose screensaver was pop up while watching TV streaming.
This is really strange because running slackel 7.3 kde live iso in vmware, i see in screensaver settings that it is disabled by default.

You disable it by hand by running screensaver from "settings" menu and choose mode "Disable screen saver"
Then restart the daemon.
Of course same can be done by uninstalling it.
juliusse

Post by juliusse »

Hi Djemos.
I don't think so. KDE normally don't use xscreensaver and the screensaver in the settings menu is the KDE one and don't manage xscreensaver.(KDE guys have built their own screensaver). As I said it's a well known fact with KDE. Maybe in a VM this can't be reproduced.
Have a nice day.
djemos
Site Admin

Post by djemos »

OK. So it will be good to remove the xscreensaver package from kde future releases.
juliusse

Post by juliusse »

I agree.