[SOLVED] Repository inconsistency?

You have a problem with Slackel? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Papasot

[SOLVED] Repository inconsistency?

Post by Papasot »

According to Slackware-current changelog, four packages were recompiled against a newer version of libimobiledevice (in my Slackel systems, only three of them are installed). After today's system update, the "Exit" screen in Openbox does not work anymore and presumably other minor issues happen (similar to this, but for different reasons).
The problem occurs because the system does not automatically upgrade the packages which have been recompiled against libimobiledevice (in my case upower, usbmuxd, and gvfs; the fourth package affected is libgpod, but I don't need it and I don't have it installed). I had to manually install the newer versions of those packages so that everything works fine. But if I attempt to do a system update, slapt-get insists to downgrade those packages, which would cause the same problems again.
Of course, I can exclude the packages to prevent downgrading, but I don't want to do so because, if I understand well, this mess is temporary, and Slackware-Current will stabilize the new versions soon. Until then, however, Slackel users are affected as well, and they should be aware of the above and act accordingly. Maybe Slackel repositories should force upgrading the packages I mentioned above, until the guys at Slackware-Current fix the temporary mess?
Last edited by Papasot on 19 Jun 2020 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
djemos
Site Admin

Re: Repository inconsistency?

Post by djemos »

Thanks.
The packages need to upload to slackel repos are gvfs, libimobiledevice and libusbmuxd.
upower, usbmuxd and libgpod are not downgrade. they are pull from slackware current repos.
I think all are fine now.
do a
sudo slapt-get -u
sudo slapt-get --upgrade
Papasot

Re: [SOLVED] Repository inconsistency?

Post by Papasot »

Indeed, problem is gone now. Confirmed on both Slackel 32-bit and 64-bit. Thank you Dimitri!