lvm2

You have a problem with Slackel? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
bsd4me

lvm2

Post by bsd4me »

A problem here.
slapt-get --upgrade is trying to install lvm2.03, but slackware.uk repository only show 2.02
Retired at home in Alaska for now.
djemos
Site Admin

Re: lvm2

Post by djemos »

Slackel do not have its own server. Slackel uses sourceforge servers which are free. The links to slackware packages on slackel sourceforge slackware mirror updated locally by cron and uploaded to slackel repos when updates happen to slackware current tree. Sometimes sourceforge do not shown immediately the updated changelog, packages.txt etc. and also sometimes are slow. In the past for 6 years Slackel had its own server in USA but last 2 years can not afford paying 120 USA dollars per year for hosting.

Slackware current went back to lvm2-2.02.177 from lvm2-03
to get latest updates please run

Code: Select all

sudo slapt-get -u
sudo slapt-get --upgrade
bsd4me

Post by bsd4me »

Thank you again. Upgrade successful. Will know next time to just wait a while.
btw, installed 7.1 onto this ideapad for the 3rd time, and this time installation completed, so all is well, and using it now.
Thanks for all your work. If it wasn't just for living on social security, I'd make a donation to slackel to cover the server costs in USA.
Retired at home in Alaska for now.
djemos
Site Admin

Post by djemos »

Slackel installed successfully. That's wonderful news. There is no need for donation since Sourceforge hosting is free. They support open source projects.