Defult Display

You have a problem with Slackel? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
happydog500

Defult Display

Post by happydog500 »

Started with Linux back in 1993. Used it off and on and for the last year, mostly on. I want to get behind a distro. I liked Salix, but couldn't get video to work.

Tried the Live CD of Slackel, and liked it. I have dual monitors. Linux always wants to show up as Primary on the monitor across the room, or, blank on both screens.

In Slackel, I can go into a GUI "Displays" and check both, but nowhere is there a place to check "Primary." Not sure I understand why people would go to all the trouble making a "Display" GUI, go to all the trouble to have boxes to check on your monitors, and not have a place to click Primary. I know Slackel is based on Slackware, which does a lot with commands and less with a GUI, but having check boxes for monitors and not to be able to check Primary is kind of strange.

In some distros, the commands didn't work. I was wondering if it is somewhere else in the menu that I'm not seeing?

Thank you,
Chris.
djemos
Site Admin

Re: Defult Display

Post by djemos »

No there is no click for primary in lxrandr. But you can edit ~/.config/autostart/lxrandr-autostart.desktop and add --primary to the line contain xrandr (e.g. Exec=sh -c 'xrandr --output eDP1 --primary --mode 1366x768 --rate 60.00')

There is arandr which has an option to check primary (It is in Outputs -> monitor name ->)
sudo slapt-get -u
sudo slapt-get -i arandr

There is also zarfy i did not see any check box for primary
sudo slapt-get -i zarfy