[Solved] A few packages with versions not synchronized.

You have a problem with Slackel? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Papasot

[Solved] A few packages with versions not synchronized.

Post by Papasot »

This is similar to previous minor issues, with packages failing to upgrade because Slackware-Current repos has more recent versions than the ones the system is trying to upgrade:
  • imagemagick is supposed to be upgraded to version 7.1.1_12-x86_64-1, while Slackware-Current repos has version 7.1.1_12-x86_64-2.
  • vim and vim-gvim are supposed to be upgraded to version 9.0.1667-x86_64-1, but Slackware-Current has version 9.0.1672-x86_64-1.
Same issues appear in Slackel 32-bit.
Last edited by Papasot on 05 Jul 2023 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
djemos
Site Admin

Re: A few packages with versions not synchronized.

Post by djemos »

I know.
sudo slapt-get -u
sudo slapt-get --upgrade
djemos
Site Admin

Re: A few packages with versions not synchronized.

Post by djemos »

sudo slapt-get -u
sudo slapt-get --upgrade
Papasot

Re: [Solved] A few packages with versions not synchronized.

Post by Papasot »

Works now. I still didn't try to upgrade the kernel, and I probably won't do that until they fix the wifi issue. But normal packages were all upgraded without any problem.
djemos
Site Admin

Re: [Solved] A few packages with versions not synchronized.

Post by djemos »

wifi is working fine with the rebuilded the kernel-firmware package. They had created a small kernel-firmware package which contained nothing .then they changed the script which download the source and the new package is MB's in size as always so contains all modules.
The problem with "A few packages with versions not synchronized." was because i had to manually run a script which create the ChangeLog etc files and upload them to slackel repos. When laptop is closed and repos on slackware has been updated and i did not run the script then slackel repos are not in sync with slackware repos. I have set the script to cron to run twice a day but laptop has also to be open. Usually it is. This happens because sourceforge do not allow cron.