[Solved] Mirror issue with upgrading a few packages

You have a problem with Slackel? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Papasot

[Solved] Mirror issue with upgrading a few packages

Post by Papasot »

There seems to be a problem with upgrading packages gimp, xorgproto, and texlive. Specifically, gimp won't upgrade because Slackware-Current mirror in Slackel repositories expects gimp-2.10.34-x86_64-4, while the actual Slackware repository has gimp-2.10.34-x86_64-5, presumably because the mirror was updated before that. Similarly, the mirror expects xorgproto-2023.1-x86_64-1 and texlive-2023.230322-x86_64-3 while Slackware-Current actual repository has xorgproto-2023.2-x86_64-1 and texlive-2023.230322-x86_64-4.
The same problems as above appear in Slackel 32-bit as well, for the same reason.

Now, I'm not sure how the Slackware-Current mirror in Slackel repositories works but, assuming it is updated regularly, the problem should vanish after some time (when the mirror is updated). I have seen similar problems in the past, but it seems they are more frequent now (for example, a few days ago I had a similar problem with cups).
Last edited by Papasot on 17 Jun 2023 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
djemos
Site Admin

Re: Mirror issue with upgrading a few packages

Post by djemos »

I fixed it. The problem was mine. I had to run the script locally to upload the ChangeLog.txt, PACKAGES.TXT etc files to Sourceforge repos. If slackel do not run locally repos are not updated on Sourceforge because of Sourceforge rules.

Code: Select all

sudo slapt-get -u 
sudo slapt-get --upgrade
Some day i have to write a report how slackel still works while is not installed to an internal disk because of reason's i do not want to write here but it is running from a usb stick in different laptops i use this stick to update the repositories and i use it to add programs updates. And also i have upgrade the site to phpBB 3.3.10 using this stick. This is my system now for everyday regular use.
Papasot

Re: [Solved] Mirror issue with upgrading a few packages

Post by Papasot »

Issue solved. I would be very interested to read that report you mentioned, if you ever find the time and mood to write it. :)