[SOLVED] A few packages won't upgrade

You have a problem with Slackel? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Papasot

[SOLVED] A few packages won't upgrade

Post by Papasot »

A few packages won't upgrade (in Slackel Openbox 32-bit at least). Specifically:boost-compat, icu4c-compat, openjre, xz in 32-bit version won't upgrade. Note that xz in 64-bit version had the same problem until recently, but now it is upgraded successfully.
Everytime I try slapt-get -u and slapt-get --upgrade, it fails whenever one of those packages is to be downloaded, reporting:

Code: Select all

Failed to download: HTTP response code said error
The only way to upgrade the rest of the system is to remove those packages from the packages to be upgraded. Everything else is upgraded successfully, including large packages such as firefox, qt5, or even the kernel and kernel firmware.
Normally I wouldn't report this as a problem, as it happens sometimes due to connection problems. But this one persists and I don't think it's just bad connection.
Last edited by Papasot on 09 Dec 2022 10:29, edited 1 time in total.
djemos
Site Admin

Re: A few packages won't upgrade

Post by djemos »

Please try again
sudo slapt-get --clean
sudo slapt-get -u
sudo slapt-get --upgrade
and report if it is ok.
Papasot

Post by Papasot »

djemos wrote:Please try again
sudo slapt-get --clean
sudo slapt-get -u
sudo slapt-get --upgrade
and report if it is ok.
This is my standard system update procedure (including cleaning before updating and upgrading packages). I tried several times over the last few days, it still doesn't work in 32-bit. For some reason, those 4 packages I mentioned refuse to upgrade. There is a change, however: Trying to manually upgrade openjre (with slapt-get -i openjre) doesn't fail with the "HTTP response code said error" message anymore. Instead, I get this:

Code: Select all

Failed to download: Missing MD5 checksum, override with --no-md5
Not only that, but another package was added to the list: texinfo now fails with "HTTP response code said error", this time both in 32- and 64-bit.
djemos
Site Admin

Post by djemos »

I am far away from home and i had my laptop closed last two days. Because of sourceforge i have a script which updates repo manually with a cron and upload changelog PACKAGES etc on Sourceforge. Now i opened the laptop and everything should work.
Papasot

Post by Papasot »

djemos wrote:I am far away from home and i had my laptop closed last two days. Because of sourceforge i have a script which updates repo manually with a cron and upload changelog PACKAGES etc on Sourceforge. Now i opened the laptop and everything should work.
This indeed solved the issue for some packages, but not all. In 32-bit Slackel, three packages still fail to upgrade, namely boost-compat, icu4c-compat, and openjre. In 64-bit every package is upgraded successfully now.
djemos
Site Admin

Post by djemos »

Yes there were boost-1.80 and icu4c-1.72 files on repo which has been removed. I have also rsync the openjre package, checking also the md5sum. Please try again it has to be working now.
Papasot

Post by Papasot »

This solved any remaining problems, both 32- and 64-bit Slackel updates as expected now. Thank you Dimitri!