Package brotli probably needs special care at upgrading.

You have a problem with Slackel? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Papasot

Package brotli probably needs special care at upgrading.

Post by Papasot »

Upgrading the system a few days ago made Xorg crashing. The reason was package brotli. It was marked for upgrading but somehow it didn't upgrade. It happened In all my Slackel installations. I had to download brotli-1.0.9 from Slackware-Current repositories and install it manually. Then X Windows worked again. Maybe it's a matter of dependencies?

As a side note, Gslapt stopped worked recently (slapt-get was working, and since I rarely use Gslapt I realized the problem just today). The problem appears only in old installations (for example it doesn't appear in my USB installation which is very fresh). I solved the problem with Dotnew. Unfortunately I can't tell which configuration file needs to be replaced, because I replaced several of them at the same time (after checking the differences - vimdiff is your friend). However I can tell which ones I did not replace (and probably none wants to):

Code: Select all

/etc/group,  /etc/gshadow,  /etc/shadow,  /etc/passwd,  /etc/initab,  /etc/default/grub,  /etc/rc,d/rc.local
djemos
Site Admin

Re: Package brotli probably needs special care at upgrading.

Post by djemos »

I did not had a problem maybe because brotli was included in Slackel before Slackware add it.
I upgrade slapt-get but had a problem with slapt-src. slapt-src become unusable. So i recompile the previous version to be in sink with slapt-src.
And both are working fine now. I did it soon enough before users have problem.

Also in slapt-get/gslapt i have commented salix repos because some programs based in Slackware 14.2 have priority over Slackware. So i have to include these packages in Slackel repos which has first priority to not break the system. This became problematic because he number of packages increased and the time to update the Slackel repos. So Salix repos based in slackware 14.2 are not included in Slackel. Only the packages as slkbuild, salix-tools modified for Slackel, slapt-get also modified to use installpkg etc and not spkg to upgrade the system and i have to add spi in Slackel repos is used from Salix.
I have to do it since Slackel (Slackware current) and Salix (Slackware 14.2) have a lot of different libraries and apps.
This information is for users to know what is going on Slackel.