[SOLVED] Lost slapt-get and a lot of other programmes

You have a problem with Slackel? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
rmcg

[SOLVED] Lost slapt-get and a lot of other programmes

Post by rmcg »

Was installing ssr and it said I had no h264 support, when I uninstalled h264 thinking I'd reinstall h264 and ssr would find the codec it removed heaps of software including mplayer and audio controls like pavucontrol, plus the slapt-get and g-slapt software management system went too how do I get them back?
djemos
Site Admin

Re: Lost slapt-get and a lot of other programmes

Post by djemos »

In slackel/salix we never use gslapt/slapt-get to remove a package. Because it will remove a lot of packages.

We use sudo removepkg or sudo spkg -d

The package name is x264 and not h264
To see how dangerous is using slapt-get to remove a program can run the command without uninstalling anything, in simulation mode only

sudo slapt-get --remove x264 --simulate

Can download by hand slapt-get from slackel repository and its deps from Slackware current repository (curl, libidn2, libssh2,openldap, zlib, cyrus-sasl, gpgme, libassuan, libgpg-error, libpsl, libunistring, nghttp2, openssl, openssl10) and install them with sudo installpkg package-name or sudo spkg -i package-name

or can download only slapt-get and after installation
run
sudo slapt-get -u in a terminal and it will show what packages need to download in case not all above packages has been removed.

Then can use it to install gslapt
sudo slapt-get -i gslapt

There is also scrot included in slackel opebox, command line screenshot utility
scrot --help for details how to use it
rmcg

Post by rmcg »

Thanks very much, I downloaded slapt-get and gslapt and had a missing dependency it was gpgme-1.6.0-x86_64-1.txz I used installpkg for all these and then my gslapt was functioning again. I have managed to reinstall my software from that point. Thankyou for this information - in slackel/salix we never use gslapt/slapt-get to remove a package. Because it will remove a lot of packages.

We use sudo removepkg or sudo spkg -d
djemos
Site Admin

Post by djemos »

This is good news. Welcome to Slackel.