slackel in choose linux podcast

Slackel Reviews
djemos
Site Admin

slackel in choose linux podcast

Post by djemos »

slackel in choose linux podcast starting around 7:00 minute.
Papasot

Re: slackel in choose linux podcast

Post by Papasot »

I wasn't aware of this podcast, just listened to it (several months later, I know). Unfortunately, the guys "reviewing" distributions there are not experienced at all. Their review is very superficial and I don't think it is worth being called a review.
You can easily tell by the topics they chose to mention that they are not well informed about GNU/Linux. All their complaints about Slackel basically say one thing: All they know is Crapbuntu, and they don't really want to know anything else. They treat Slackel (and Slackware-based distributions in general) as an old-fashioned thing from the past, while at the same time they bother to mention Slackel has the latest versions of software. So the "old fashion" thing is not the software, it is just the fact Slackel-Openbox doesn't look like their beloved Crapbuntu or whatever similar distro they use. Or maybe the fact Slackel won't do things behind the user's back in the name of simplicity.
Honestly, one of the worst reviews I've ever seen. It doesn't do justice to Slackel and I doubt the guys there will do justice to any distribution that doesn't look like what they are used to.

All the above justify my decision not to listen to that podcast again.
djemos
Site Admin

Re: slackel in choose linux podcast

Post by djemos »

I had the same thoughts when i heard the podcast.